Bookmarks are great because 1. I don’t like dog-ears 2. I cannot remember where I stopped reading last time
So, to prevent the clumsy me from losing them, I grabbed a highlighter box that was lying around my house and store the bookmarks in it:
The size is p-e-r-f-e-c-t for bookmarks
It’s thin and light so I sticked it to the side of my bookshelf using some blue tack.
How do you guys store your bookmarks? Or do you use them?
I saw this on Booktube and it seems fun so I decided to do it:
1. Expecto Patronum: A childhood book connected to good memories
Warriors series by Erin hunter
2. Expelliarmus: A book that took you by surprise
The Selection by Kiera Cass
3. Prior Incantato: The last book you read
Rebel by Amy Tintera
4. Alohamora: A book that introduced you to a genre you had not considered before
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
5. Riddikulus: A funny book you’ve read
It’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid again. Now I realised that a rarely read any funny books *LOL*
6. Sonorus: A book you think everybody should know about
Legend series by Marie Lu
7. Obliviate: A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read
Allegiant spoiler – I spoiled myself. How stupid I am.
8. Imperio: A book you had to read for school
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
9. Crucio: A book that was painful to read
For the Win by Cory Doctorow
10. Avada Kedavra: A book that could kill (interpret as you will)
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
[All gifs are from tumblr]
∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆
I tag anyone who want to do this. Have fun!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆
Top Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want To Read (books you may have bought but aren’t sure if you are into it anymore, books you wanted to read but heard mixed things about, hyped books you aren’t sure about — basically any book that has you going, “TO READ OR NOT TO READ?”
[okay so I was being stupid and posted this last tuesday. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!]
1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for quite a long time but I just can’t bring myself into reading it.
2. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
3. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
They are so thick… and I’m not sure if I’ll enjoy them. But I want to read them. But…
4. Matched by Ally Condie
I head mix thing about this book (or series). Not sure if I should read it…
5. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
I’ve read the synopsis but I’m not really sure…
6. Tiger’s curse by Colleen Houck
Again, I’ve read the synopsis but I’m not really sure…
7. Fifty Shades series by E.L. James
8. Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi
9. Fallen Series by Lauren Kate
10. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
Thank you covertoocover for tagging me! Their blog are awesome so go check them out!
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
a) Covers that do not match. They look weird on my bookshelf and are just not visually appealing
b) English books are always expensive in Hong Kong and the release dates are usually later than the rest of the world
c) People bending books so they can hold them easier. I hate that.
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
I can pretty much read anywhere and I wouldn’t mind even if it’s standing in a crowded place with people buzzing around. So… no I can’t think of a perfect reading spot. Just give me a book then it’ll be fine.
3.Tell us 3 book confessions.
a) I prefer ebooks to paperbacks because paperbacks are REALLY expensive in Hong Kong (as I’ve said before) and ebooks are more environmentally friendly
b) I read multiple books simultaneously. I know I should be concentrating on one book at a time…
c) I’m into books for less than a year actually. I read the Harry Potter series when I was young but unlike the others, it didn’t get me into reading. Divergent did, and that’s how I ‘discover’ the wonderful world of dystopia.
4.When was the last time you cried during a book?
I’ve never cried during a book (call me soulless). Not even during tfios. And I’ve read it twice (double the saddness). I’m just not a crying person.
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
I don’t have a beside table… But the closest book to my bed is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
6.What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I don’t really eat while reading. But I do read while eating lunch or something.
7. Name three books you would recommend to anyone.
a) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
b) Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
c) The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
8.Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
(I put my Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix back on the shelf so you guys can see the complete series)
9.Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Not YOLO anymore
10.What is your biggest reading secret?
When I was young I liked to flip to the ending and read it before I start because I want to know what will happen. Well now I won’t do that but I did spoil myself for Allegiant.
That’s it! Hope you guys enjoy it! I’m going to tag